If there’s one person that understands the Blogging Fearlessly movement, it’s Jenny Blake. Here on Blogging Fearlessly, we want you to think for yourself about your life – where you invest your precious time, energy, and skills – and how you can creatively construct a job that you can be proud of for a life that you can be proud of. Jenny wrote the book Life After College, and has been featured on Forbes.com, US News & World Report, and CNN.com. She currently spends her time blogging, coaching, speaking, and being a yogi (she’s a girl after my own heart!).
Now, I’m so proud to present to you the beautiful Jenny Blake. If she doesn’t inspire you to get online and find your passions, then I just have no words for you.
1. How would you describe your career?
I’m excited to describe myself now as a solopreneur — a woman of many interests! My career is based around my blog, LifeAfterCollege.org, and incorporates coaching, speaking, online courses and now even teaching yoga.
2. What role has the internet played in helping you grow your business?
The Internet has been central to building my business! Without my blog, I would not be where I am today. My blog has been responsible for so much of what I am grateful for in my life — a creative outlet, new friends, business relationships, coaching clients, and engaging and interacting with readers who I feel fortunate to have as part of the LAC community.
3. If you could go back in time to when you first started blogging and building your business, what would you tell yourself?
Believe in yourself! I would have started writing my book earlier — though I’m actually glad it took ~2 years from start to finish because that really helped me develop the ideas as fully as possible before releasing it.
4. Tell me about your book! One of my favorite topics is the “Life After College” conundrum. In fact, a lot of my time with Blogging Fearlessly is spent trying to encourage people to take things into their own hands after college. What is the nitty gritty truth about after college life?
I love it! The truth is that there will always be ups and downs — even though we all want to be happy, sometimes we have to go through the excruciatingly painful experiences that end up making us who we are. Try to embrace them with patience, acceptance and compassion for yourself.
5. Tell me about your yoga practice! I noticed you’re a bit of a yogi, and I have gotten really into hot yoga these last few months. How do you think yoga impacts your success as a woman and as an entrepreneur?
Yoga is my savior! It’s a staple of my days and helps keep me grounded, healthy and clear-headed. I can’t live without it, and recommend it to everyone! If you’re in the NYC area, definitely stop by one of my Geek Yoga classes on Thursday nights
6. If someone wanted to work with you, what would be the best avenue for them to reach you?
Come on down to the blog! You can read more about my coaching.
Want More? Buy Jenny’s book, “Life After College”
Life After College is an essential manual for every graduating student and young professional. It features practical, actionable advice that helps people focus on the BIG picture of their lives, not just the details. Life After College will leave you feeling inspired, confident and ready to take action toward creating the life you really want.